Data Protection Declaration
Thank you very much for the interest placed in our website and in our company.
The protection of your personal data and privacy is of high importance to us. In order to provide you with all the relevant information regarding the personal data we collect and process throughout our website, we kindly ask you to take note of the following explanations:
Name and Address of the controller and information concerning the processing of personal dataThe data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other data protection laws of the EU member states is
RRI GmbH Rhein Ruhr International
represented by its managing director, Mr. Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Riederauer
Büropark Ruhrallee II
Controller means the natural or legal person which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. Personal data means thereby any information throughout which a natural person is identified or identifiable. Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data no matter whether it is performed by automated means or not. The term has to be interpreted broadly and almost embraces any handling of data.
II. Basic Principles
Scope of data collection, processing and useWe process the personal data of our users only within the extent as it is necessary to provide the functionality of our website with our contents and services. The processing of the personal data of our users as a rule only happens subsequent to the consent of the respective user. An exception is made in cases in which it is impossible to obtain the user`s consent prior to the processing for practical reasons and only if the processing of data is lawful in accordance with the GDPR.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data
In accordance with article 13 GDPR we provide you with the following information concerning the legal basis for the processing:
So far as we have obtained the consent of the data subject to the processing, article 6 point (a) of paragraph 1 GDPR shall apply.
In case of processing personal data, that is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, article 6 point (b) of paragraph 1 GDPR applies.
If the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which our company is subject, article 6 point (c) of paragraph 1 GDPR shall apply.
In case of the processing being necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural persona, article 6 point (d) of paragraph 1 GDPR applies.
If the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party and the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not override the pursued legitimate interest, article 6 point (f) of paragraph 1 GDPR applies.
Erasure of personal data and storage periodThe personal data of the data subject are erased or restricted as soon as the storage is no longer necessary for the original purpose of processing. If and when the Union Law or Member State Law to which the controller is subject lays down another basis for storage, storage might be justified for longer periods. Blocking or erasure of personal data happens when the legally determined storage period expires, unless storage is necessary for entering into a contract or for the performance of a contract.
III. Collection and storage of personal data, nature and purpose of their processing when visiting our website
Description and scope of the processing of dataWhen you call up our websites, our system automatically is provided data and information from the computer system of the requesting computer. The following data are collected by our system:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Browser type, version and language
- Operating system of the requesting computer
- Date and time of the server inquiry
- File inquiry received from the requesting computer
- http response code
- referring URL
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean time
The data is also saved in server log files. However, these data aren’t stored together with other personal data of the user.
Legal basisLegal basis for the temporary storage of the data and the log files is article 6 point (f) of paragraph 1 GDPR.
Purpose of the data processing
The temporary storage of the user`s IP address by our system is necessary to facilitate delivery of the website to the requesting computer of the user. Therefore, the user`s IP address must be stored during the session. Storage in log files serves the functionality of the website. Furthermore, it helps us optimize our website and make sure that our information technology systems are secure. These data won’t be analyzed for marketing purposes.The above-mentioned purposes also constitute a legitimate interest in accordance with article 6 point (f) of paragraph 1 GDPR.
Storage periodAll personal data are erased as soon as the storage is no longer necessary for the original purpose of processing. In case of processing data for providing our website, the storage is no longer necessary for the original purpose of processing when the respective session is ended. Concerning the storage of data in log files, erasure happens no later than seven days. Storage longer than that is possible if the user’s IP address is erased or anonymized, so that the requesting user can´t be identified any more.
ObjectionThe processing of data for provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is an absolutely necessary condition for the operation of our website. Thus, the user has no right to object.
IV. Embedding of google maps
We emped maps of the app “google maps” provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, in our website. For using the functions of “google maps” it is necessary to store the user`s IP address. This data is regularly transmitted to a server owned by Google LCC in the USA and stored there. We do have no influence on this data transmission. We do use services of “Google Maps” as we aim at an appealing presentation of our website and at helping the user find the places mentioned on our website more easily. This constitutes a legitimate interest in accordance with article 6 point (f) of paragraph 1 GDPR.For further information please look at the data protection declaration of Google LLC: www.google.com/policies/privacy/
V. Rights of the data subject
Where your personal data is processed you are a data subject according to the GDPR and therefore you have the following rights against the controller:
Right of accessYou have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether personal data concerning yourself are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to your personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in article 22 paragraph 1 and paragraph 4 GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Right to rectificationYou have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification and/or completion of your personal data if the data processed by the controller is wrong or incomplete.
Right to erasureYou have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning yourself – obligation to erase – and we are obliged to delay this data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based according to article 6 point (a) of paragraph 1 GDPR, or article 9 point (a) of paragraph 2 GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing pursuant to article 21 paragraph 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to article 21 paragraph 2 GDPR;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
- the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in article 8 paragraph 1 GDPR.
Information made publicWhere we, as the controller, have made the personal data public, we are obliged pursuant to article 17 paragraph 1 GDPR to erase the personal data and to take reasonable steps, taking into account all available technology and the cost of implementation, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
The right to erasure does not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
- (1) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- (2) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- (3) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with article 9 points (h) and (i) of paragraph 2 GDPR as well as article 9 paragraph 3 GDPR;
- (4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with article 89 paragraph 1 GDPR in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- (5) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to notificationInsofar you have made use of your right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing from the controller, the controller shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can demand the controller to inform you about those recipients.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself and which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where
- (1) the processing is based on consent pursuant to article 6 point (a) of paragraph 1 or article 9 point (a) of paragraph 2 or on a contract pursuant to article 6 point (b) paragraph 1 GDPR; and
- (2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising this right, you have also a right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible. Freedoms and rights of natural personas shall not be limited unless processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Right to object
If there are grounds relating to your particular situation you have the right to object processing of your personal data which is based on legitimate interests pursuant to article 6 point (f) of paragraph 1 GDPR or where processing serves direct marketing purposes. In the latter case you have a general right to object that we will comply without you having to indicate any particular situation.
If you want to make use of your right to object or withdraw, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
VI. Right to withdraw a consent and to lodge a complaint
Pursuant to article 7 paragraph 3 GDPR you can withdraw your consent at any time. In consequence we do have no longer the allowance to continue processing your personal data where processing before was based on your consent.It is also possible to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with article 77 GDPR. Therefor you can normally contact the respective supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your work place or our headquarter.